If you played baseball, basketball, soccer, lacrosse, football, or any other team sport growing up and had aspirations of playing in college, more likely than not you (at some point) considered whether or not to attend a showcase camp. The idea is simple: sign up and have the opportunity to play in front of some college coaches, with the hopes of bringing your “A” game.
College Golf Experience (CGX), exclusively endorsed by the Golf Coaches Association of America (GCAA), is looking to offer that opportunity to golfers and has announced that it will bring its first Showcase Camp to the Classic Club in Palm Desert, California, June 11-12. CGX looks to provide junior golfers with unprecedented access to college coaches to learn about collegiate golf and the recruiting process, showcase their talents, and help them achieve their goals.
Indeed, the Palm Desert Showcase Camp will feature 7 coaches, including: Michael Beard of Pepperdine, the 2020 Men’s College Coach of the Year and the 2021 West Coast Conference Champions; Jim Anderson of University of Arizona, the 2021 Pac12 Champions; Glen Millican of New Mexico, the 2021 Mountain West Champions; Ryan Donovan of San Diego State; Jason D’Amore of Loyola Marymount; Christian Newton of Colorado State; and Andrew Larkin of Santa Clara.
“College Golf Experience’s mission is to build value for college coaches while creating unique opportunities for junior golfers,” said Joshua Jacobs, CEO of College Golf Experience. “After recently combining forces with the GCAA, Showcase Camps are the first step to providing coaches a platform to showcase their programs, and partner with CGX to create transformational experiences for junior golfers.”
CGX Showcase Camps are a tremendous opportunity for young men and women, ages 10-18 to learn from and interact with multiple coaches in an immersive, fun, and educational setting. Campers will focus on all areas of instruction with an emphasis on wedge play, engage in simulated collegiate practice and tournament rounds, learn from seminars and Q&A sessions hosted by coaches, and receive personalized evaluations.
“I’m looking forward to being a part of College Golf Experience’s launch camp. It provides a unique opportunity to pair junior golfers and their parents with college coaches. Campers will benefit from time spent with coaches preparing for college golf and many questions will be answered about the transition process,” said Jim Anderson, Head Coach, University of Arizona.
“CGX camps are a great way to meet and engage with college coaches in a fun and relaxed environment. Juniors and parents will leave with a clear understanding of what college golf looks like and how to reach their junior and collegiate golfing goals,” said Christian Newton, Head Coach, Colorado State.
In addition to the star-studded lineup of coaches, the Palm Desert Showcase Camp, CGX’s launch camp, will also receive special welcome gifts from adidas, and other companies.
To sign up or for more Information on the Palm Desert Showcase Camp, make sure to check out CGX’s website here!
Cover Image via Instagram
- NEWS: College Golf Experience Launches with Palm Desert Showcase Camp, June 11-12 – May 5, 2021
- STYLE: adidas ZG21 – Lightweight, Spiked Perfection – May 4, 2021
- STYLE: STITCH Golf Supporting The U.S. Walker Cup Team – May 4, 2021
- TRAVEL: Forest Dunes (MI) Announces “Bootlegger” Short Course – May 4, 2021
- TRENDING: Inrange Releases Inrange+ Courses Virtual Course Offerings – May 4, 2021
- NFL Alumni Hosting Draft Pro-Am & Experience at Historic Firestone Country Club – April 29, 2021
- BREAKING: PGA Tour Launches Forme Tour for Current PGA TOUR Canada Members – April 29, 2021
- EQUIPMENT: Roll it Smooth & Straight with SWINGALIGN’s Goal Post – April 29, 2021
- GOLFTEC “Growing the Game” with Club Donation Program – April 20, 2021
- EQUIPMENT: Ben Hogan Golf Equipment Releases Equalizer II Forged Wedges – April 19, 2021
View All Posts
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE STORIES
Credit: Source link